As we prepare to welcome the Class of 2021 at Freshman Registration next week, Mr. Harris shares his top seven tips for a successful transition to high school.
1) Start strong: You are preparing for college from the first day of freshman year. Do not wait until junior or senior year to take your academics seriously.
2) Be involved: Join a club, play a sport, sing, dance or play an instrument. You will make great friends and will begin building your resume for college.
3) Step out of your comfort zone: Try something you have never done before, explore your interests. You may just find the thing that makes your spirit come alive!
4) Be present, be prepared: Be on time for school and for all of your classes. By putting your best foot forward at all times, you truly will get out of your classes what you put into them.
5) Treat others the way you want to be treated: Your classmates, your teachers, the administration, the cleaning and cafeteria staffs. We are a community at Althoff Catholic, and each one of us plays a key role in making our school a great place to learn and grow.
6) Manage your time well: Life is all about balance and devoting the time necessary to be successful in the classroom, in your extracurricular activities and in your relationships.
7) Speaking of relationships… Remember that your relationship with God and with your family are the most important! Take every opportunity that Althoff Catholic offers to nurture your faith. Make your family a priority even in the midst of studying, extracurricular involvement and hanging out with your friends.